Sunday, May 24, 2009

{ H A P P Y .. M E M O R I A L .. D A Y }

I crosstitched for years before I learned to knit. I started when I was pregnant with Trevor 17 years ago. I just love how it seems like you are painting your own artwork with thread, just like making your own clothes/accessories with yarn in knitting. I have a lot of my crosstitch framed but I have ALOT that is not. My favorite subjects are Americana and Pumpkins and Fall. This is a little free pattern from Erica Michaels Designs that I stitched in 2003 when all this started. I just now whipped it into a heart today. I would love to get all my finished pieces either framed or made into a pillow .

This Marine Corps Ball picture is my favorite :) I think I look skinny in this one :) David says they are waiting until they come back to hold the Marine Corps Ball this year. I am on the lookout for a white ball gown . I have not worn white yet, and since I will be so tan I think it will be perfect. And I hope the ball is in Waikiki! That is even better than San Diego !

Well off to create... I've got Christmas on the brain, I know I'm weird, it's just that it is my favorite time of the year and that means David will be home :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. It's beautiful...and so it your work on the SUPPORT OUR TROOPS heart!:) And don't worry. I usually start making Christmas presents in summer. It's okay :)

Lesley said...

Thank you to you and your husband for both of your sacrifices....and I'm LOVING the necklace and bracelet..they are so fab...thank you again

Dana Yoshimizu said...

You and your husband look amazing in that picture! <3