Saturday, January 24, 2009

The Shrimp Shack & The Dole Plantation

The Shrimp Shack- The shrimp was awesome ! I had the garlic butter shrimp and Trevor and David had the spicy shrimp. Barret didn't know if he liked it or not so he got corn on the cob and tasted all of ours. The rice was so good too.. mmmm
The water behind David is where the get the shrimp, so it is really really fresh. It's kind of gross but my shrimp had feet ! They were deveined but had the shell and feet attached :) EWE! Tasted good, but had to peel them first.
So , I have too many pictures on here to put them in order. We decided to have desert at the Dole Plantation. This is David's Pineapple Upside Down cake.. I had a pineapple scone and Trevor had a waffle bowl with pineapple ice cream (not pictured). Heheee...

They are having the time of their life :)
Look, Barret just can't get away from Guitar Hero :)

Who knew, Pineapple grew like this?? There is a huge long process on how its grown, you'll all just have to come out here and see for yourself...
We did go through the garden maze, it is the largest in the world according to Guiness Book of World Records. I think it is over 3 miles. We had to find 8 secrets spots to get through the maze. It was fun, David navigated and we followed, until the end when Barret decided to go out on his own. He ended up done before us and was waiting outside the maze..
I didn't realize it said DOLE on the lawn in front..
Here is Barret's dessert, a pineapple slushy in a souvenir cup.
Oh, and this is what I have been working on in our empty house waiting and waiting four our stuff ! Lace socks :) Til our next adventure... well it might be awhile since one of our party is leaving us for the rest of the year.. But I will post boring beach photos I'm sure :)

1 comment:

Wendylicious said...

OMG! You're missing a TOE!!! LOL!

Looks like you guys had a great day! I bet you and the boys find fun things to keep you busy.