Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, as most of you all know, we are alllllmost in Hawaii... We are currently staying at the Sheraton at LAX and tommorrow morning we will be on our flight. This month has last forever. I just hope that we get a house on Monday or Tuesday. Katie is getting some good socializing in, learned to go poty while on a leash. Those are both reliefs. I've seen flight crew around the airport and it stirred up my excitement to be a flight attendant again. I wish I had some pictures to post, I know you can blog from your cell phone, so I might figure out how that works so I can try it out at the airport tommorrow. I did take a picture of Amazon.com while we were in Fernley Nevada visiting Davids parents. I just thought it was cool, it's right next the a new Super WalMart. Maybe there is more than one "Amazon.com" ?

So we have stayed at Motel 6 in Twentynine Palms .. .I would not recommend this, there was no toilet seat lid, only 3 towels even though the room was reserved for 4. No coffee pot in the room, the fan in the bathroom sounded like a jet engine. Oh, and the drunk marines next door, not enjoyable. Next motel was AWSOME, we had to stay the night in Long Beach because well, long story but we stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn , highly recommended... Every room was like your own condo. We were on the bottom floor, had a patio, inside there was a FULL kitchen including pots, pans, you name it. Free internet, we had breakfast in front of a roaring fireplace, it was just fabulous ! Then to David's parents for a week. Back in Twentynine Palms... We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, nice, except when the saw that we had a kennel in the back of the truck and went out to tell David that someone complained of a barking dog. So they assumed we snuck our LARGE German Shepherd through the main lobby and up the elevator without anyone seeing when the have a "no pet" policy. So, nice and accomodating, but not so nice with the customer service. ok, I think we are now at the Sheraton... nice, only because they allow LARGE dogs. It's kind of wierd to be walking around Katie around this hotel, LA is more of a "small" yippee dog place, know what I mean? Everyone here is very friendly though..I do love Valet parking . SO, our next lodging experience will be at The Lodge at Kaneohe Bay in Hawaii so I will sign off for now unless I'm able to blog from my phone at the airport.

I wanted to finish off this year and start fresh with posts from Hawaii, I'm going to try and change up the colors and who knows what else. So til then....

Happy New Year !

Karen

No comments: